On July 21st, 2018 from 10am to 6pm, GMAHS invites brides-to-be to stroll through beautiful, victorian Promont and say Yes to their dress! The event is FREE to attend.
This first-time event is being hosted by PromontEvents.com, the venue-rental division of the Historical Society. Coordinator Kim Phipps has been working hard on collecting new and gently-used wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses, and accessories; with about 20-25 gowns available for purchase.
Refreshments will be provided by Promont Events’ preferred vendors with “lite bite” hors d’oeuvres and sweet treats from our friends at Lehr’s Prime Market, Tickled Sweet, Cherie’s Donuts, Village Pantry Catering, and others.
The event also features door prizes and a raffle.
Raffle tickets will be on sale during regular Sunday tour hours from 1-4pm, on July 8th, July 15th, and during the boutique event itself. Tickets are 6 for $5, or $1 per ticket. Raffle items will include (so far):
- $100 gift certificates from Old Milford Bed & Breakfast and Big Daddy Walker DJ services
- Avon Products Basket from Wilma Williams
- Cheri’s Donuts gift certificate
- Evening for Two basket from the Compliance Team at Staffmark
- Garden Basket from Kilbers/Mt. Orab
- Handcrafted garter sets and ring pillows by Two Stitches
- Oil painting donated by Bernadette Martin
- Tea for Two Basket from the GMAHS gift shop
- Lehr’s Prime Market gift basket
- Village Pantry gift certificate
- Chef Choice Catering gift certificate
- and more to come!
You will be able to view these items in more detail on the Promont Events facebook page at www.facebook.com/PromontEvents
Proceeds from dress and raffle sales will go toward care and maintenance of Promont and grounds; and for updating venue amenities.
*GMAHS invites local businesses, organizations and individuals to contribute to the event with donations of dresses, raffle items or cash. For details, email Kim Phipps at email@example.com.