December 16 & 17, 2017
1-4:00 PM each day
Each year, the elves at Promont create a special holiday wonderland. Decorations of Victorian style will sparkle throughout the house with snowflakes, feathers, flowers, lace and more in this year’s theme titled “Birds of a Feather.”
The Victorian Birds of a feather is a nod to the decorative arts used during the Victorian era. The Victorians beautified their surroundings with lavish decorations. Nature dominated their decor as they thought that being conversant with Nature improved their lives. The popularity of feathers is linked to their desire to impart a sense of elegance and rarity.
In addition to the beautiful decor and holiday decorations, the “Madam of the Manor” mannequin will add a beautiful sparkle. AND, on December 17, the Madam will be awarded to one lucky winner on December 17.
Visitors to the Holiday Open House will enjoy lite-bite refreshments along with these special offers:
- Free admission to Promont and an opportunity to enjoy a documented, self-guided tour
- Impromptu discussion with costumed docents who will be available to answer questions about Promont
- An opportunity to purchase raffle tickets on the unique “Madam of the Manor” holiday mannequin with the drawing scheduled for 3:30 PM on Sunday, December 17
- A pop-up Silhouette Studio featuring local artist and illustrator, Pattie A. Purnell, creating heirloom silhouette portraits at $12 each
- A chance to sign up to win one of two gift baskets featuring selected items from the Promont gift shop
- A Promont miniature replica FREE with each new GMAHS membership at a $50 level or higher
Make Promont part of your holidays this year!