• History

    The first settler to arrive in the Milford area was the Rev. Francis McCormick, a Revolutionary War soldier with a thousand acre land grant, in 1796. He built his log cabin on the hill at the present 1000 Forest Ave. In 1797 he founded the first Methodist Class in the Northwest Territory. The Village of More Info

    more info
  • Promont

    Promont is a Victorian mansion circa 1865 and the former home of John M. Pattison, Ohio’s 43rd Governor. It is currently owned and operated by the Greater Milford Area Historical Society. The museum features period furnishings, a reference library, changing exhibits, and a gift shop. Docent-led or self-guided tours are available on Sunday, March-December (1-4:00 More Info

    more info
  • Research/Library

    The Leonard L. Harding, Jr. Library serves as a limited access historical library featuring information on Clermont County and the Greater Milford area.

    more info
  • Teas/Weddings/Events

    PROMONT Teas and Boutique Event Venue Located in beautiful historic Milford, Promont was built circa 1865 as a lovely example of Victorian Italianate architecture in its entire splendor.  The mansion is steeped in old world elegance, period furnishings and modern amenities to help create the perfect backdrop for your Victorian tea luncheon, wedding, reception, corporate meeting More Info

    more info
  • Gift Shop

    Shop and browse our unique Victorian Gift Shop, stocked with treasures for all ages and budgets

    more info

The Leonard L. Harding, Jr. Library, located within Promont and maintained by GMAHS, serves as a limited access historical library featuring information on Clermont County and the greater Milford area. Books, photographs, plats, maps, ledger books, artifacts, personal memorabilia, local business memorabilia, a complete collection of Milford High School yearbooks, scrapbooks, manuscripts, limited family archives, a growing historic home database, and a variety of information about or originating in the Milford area is available.

In addition, the Society has a small but growing collection of original archival materials relating to Milford.  These letters, account books, diaries, and advertisements are catalogued in our collections data base, PastPerfect.  Researchers should contact the staff before coming to Milford to determine the usefulness of archival materials on deposit at the Society.

GMAHS is also actively transcribing and computerizing many primary sources in order to provide a quick search and reference capability. These computerized transcripts of original records are available at our library and are continually being updated.

The library is available by appointment. Please call 513/248-0324 to schedule.

Please review our RESEARCH POLICY.