The Leonard L. Harding, Jr. Library, located within Promont and administered by GMAHS, is a great starting point for Milford area historical research. The Library is available by appointment by calling 513/248-0324; or, you may email the GMAHS Librarian at email@example.com to schedule a visit.
GMAHS offers assisted-research services conducted by knowledgeable volunteers. This service includes up to two hours of research and a written report of results.
To quickly check to see if your research request is feasible, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the Librarian with your inquiry. If we think your request is possible (or not), we will let you know within 7-10 business days. If it’s practical to proceed, then you must formally initiate the using the GMAHS Research Request Form.
Fees and Expectations
- The fee to initiate a formal request is $20 per ancestor/topic.
- The $20 initiation fee includes up to two hours of research and a brief summary of results.
- If the GMAHS Librarian feels additional time is required to satisfy the inquiry, the GMAHS Administrator will contact you with a quote prior to proceeding.
- You can access the GMAHS Research Request Form online GMAHS Library Research Request Form (586). Or, you can request a paper copy of the form by email to email@example.com.
- This form should be completed with as much pertinent information as possible on the individual and/or topic of interest. Feel free to attach additional documentation, as appropriate.
- Mail your form, along with a check payable to Library/GMAHS for $20, and mail it to:
Library, GMAHS, 906 Main Street, Milford, OH 45150
If you have questions about the research process, please contact the GMAHS Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we cannot accept research requests, or questions, by phone.
Note: The Greater Milford Area Historical Society is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and charitable contributions are welcome. We are also currently accepting documented family histories to add to our collection.